Pet Passports

With the Pet Travel Scheme, taking your pet abroad can be a rewarding, safe and hassle free experience if you follow these 3 steps:

Get your pet passport

If you are travelling to an EU or "listed country" (see then your pet simply needs a microchip and rabies vaccination. Your passport may then be issued but you will not be able to travel until 21 days after vaccination so plan ahead! 

Book a registered carrier

If you are flying or travelling by boat then you will need a registered carrier. These may also be found on the website. Many carriers also require a health check and signed documentation before travelling.

Tapeworm treatment before return to the UK

A registered veterinary surgeon is required to treat your pet for tapeworm 1 - 5 days before return to the UK. This is important to prevent a severe parasitic disease called alveolar echinococcosis becoming established in the UK.

Pet Travel outside the EU

If you are thinking of taking your pet outside of the EU please contact us directly on 01691 830235 and speak to one of our vets about what vaccinations and paperwork your pet might need.

Four Crosses Veterinary Centre Ltd, Hafod Offa, Four Crosses, Llanymynech, Powys. SY22 6RD

01691 830235